Wednesday, February 6, 2008

If you call me...

A friend of mine just sent this to me and I'm seriously considering adding this to my incoming voicemail at work...

Hi, you have reached the voicemail box of XXX...

If you are obsessive-compulsive, please press 1, repeatedly.

If you are co-dependent, please ask someone to press 2.

If you have multiple personalities, please press 3, 4, 5, and 6.

If you are paranoid-delusional, we know who you are and what you want. Just say on the line so we can trace the call.

If you are schizophrenic, listen carefully and a little voice will tell you which number to press.

I have found that in my new role I've become mother/sister/daughter confessor-problem solver-go to gal. Part of me really likes this, likes to be in the know, but part of me is like - "leave me alone I have my own work to do dammit!!!! Go solve your own damn problems!!!!" Ahhhh, I feel better now.

It's just been so crazy/hard. I mean I still work on the same team, with generally the same people but there is just SOOOO much to do and a lot of it is new (financial stuff and I suck at math!) so there is a learning curve. Add to that 2 people about to go have babies and me covering for them, you get the picture...I'm doing the job of like 4 people!!! Plus I'm a perfectionist, hate to fail and hate to let people down. I know, I just need to remember to breathe, right?

3 comments:

The Brat Pack said...

That's hilarious!

It sounds like you have your hands full there. Is it going to be ongoing like this or just for a project now?

Definitely breathe...and if that doesn't work do like Jen and get a drink. ;)

Maryann

Mack said...

Sounds like somebody needs a relaxing vacation......
Maybe to Texas....
Maybe with your Ruby?????

:)

TGIF,
Mack

Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

being a perfectionist sucks! I am one too, this is why I get stressed over the Blogging......

I heard somewhere the reason we get stressed is because we take on far more than we can possibly do.

We have to take a step back, and do the best we can, then say to ourselves, well I have done what is humanly possible to the best of my ability, I cannot do anymore.

It does work!

love and light Jeannie
http://coolcanine.blogspot.com