Friday, September 19, 2008

Fun Fact Friday #14

This Sunday is yet another one of my favorite sporting events. That's right, it is the Emmy Awards! I think I appreciate the Emmy's more and more in recent years because I have seen a lot more of the nominated shows; unlike the Oscars since I never go to the movies anymore :(

This year's hosting should be interesting...it's being hosted by reality TV hosts like Ryan Seacrest and Heidi Klum. I sure hope this doesn't break the record of longest show (which BTW is 4 hours...that was is 1987). There is only so much Seacrest one should be subjected to!

Anywho...here's today's fun fact honoring the Emmy's.

The name "Emmy" is a feminization of the nickname "Immy," which was named after the image orthicon tube, part of a TV camera.

I'm sure you are as satisfied to know that as I am ;)

1 comment:

Ferndoggle said...

I haven't been to the movies in over 6 years! I'm a total TV head too & can't wait to watch the Emmys.