Friday, January 18, 2008

100

1) I was born in 1968 - yep, the big Four-OH is soon.  Scary.
2) I have one sister and one nephew and if you count my sister's pup I also have a niece.
3) I was born and raised in NJ, but moved to California 10 years ago.  I don't think I'll ever move back.
4) I L*O*V*E the rain and especially thunderstorms!
5) I have never been married, nor do I think I want to be.
6) I don't have kids, nor do I think I want any, but I love my nephew and all my friends kiddies because I can give them back!
7) I hate to clothes shop.
8) I love to shop online.
9) I am a serial crafter, but I think it's getting serious with knitting.
10)  I have more skeins of yarn than I do shoes.
11) I love the grocery store.
12) I love gourmet food shops.
13) I love to cook, but seem to only be able to cook for a crowd. (Thanks to Rhonda, I'm getting better at that)
14) I love NYC!
15) I've been to Australia.
16) My favorite trip of all time was to Scotland...what a beautiful country.
17) I would love to take an African safari one day
18) I have visited 33 states, 17 more to go.
19) I love Mission style furniture.
20) I have been to a Star Trek convention but I am NOT a Trekkie
21) I'm addicted to TV.
22) I love all Law and Order shows.
23) My current favorite movie is Garden State.  I could watch it over and over.
24) I'm allergic to cats.
25) I'm 5'2" on a good day.
26) I graduated from Rutgers University with a BA in Political Science, but I work in computers, go figure.
27) My favorite color is blue.
28) I visited the set of Saturday Night Live for work once and saw Dana Carvey, John Lovitz and Chris Rock.
29) I love 'school supplies' - paper, pens, folders, notebooks.  Yes, another addiction.
30) I could eat roast chicken every night!
31) I survived on diet coke and Lorna Doone cookies for breakfast in college.
32) I love kitchen gadgets.
33) I love to visit Disneyland!!!  One year I visited 5 times!!!
34) I like to read historical biographies.
35) I love celebrity gossip.
36) Kermit is my favorite muppet.
37) My favorite drink is tea - iced or hot.
38) I hate to exercise, but when I do I feel so great.
39) I was once Martha Stewart for Halloween.
40) My favorite season is fall...I love the color of the leaves.
41) My least favorite season is summer...I hate to be hot and you can only take so much off!
41) I haven't worn a dress in at least 9 years!  It's all about the pantsuit if you HAVE to dress up.
42) I love Hollywood awards shows.
43) I love my iPod and couldn't live without it!!!
44) My favorite band of all time is the Police, but I like all types of music.
45) I love soup!!!
46) I hate the snow! (see #41)
47) I have never done illegal drugs or smoked a cigarette.
48) I hate to go to the doctor.
49) I really don't like parties or socializing.  I'm much better in small groups.
50) I am pro-choice.
51) I am pro-gay marriage.
52) I am pro-military, but I hate this war.
53) Hillary Clinton kinda scares me!
54) My favorite drive is 17-mile drive 
55) I hate LA.
56) I once participated in a county mock trial in high school.  I was the defense attorney. I lost.
57) I was presented as a debutante at 17.
58) I went to a somewhat snooty all girls catholic high school.
59) My nickname in grammar school was Webster (like the dictionary)
60) I studied 2 semesters of Russian in college.
61) I wanted to work in Washington, DC and be a professional bureaucrat when I left college, but got obsessed with computers instead.
62) I worked for Apple Computer for 6 years.
63) I was a paper millionaire for 1 day thanks to the start up I worked for going public.  They tanked before I could cash in!
64) I just got a promotion to being a Director.
65) My job doesn't excite me anymore.
66) I'd like to write a children's book one day
67) I thought blogging was silly until about a year ago!
68) In the 6th grade I tried to fail a test, but only managed to get a 70!
69) I love to read magazines and have had subscriptions to Vanity Fair and Entertainment Weekly for over 15 years! (see #35)
70) I love my TiVo!
71) I love socks...and so does Ruby.
72) I had a problem with my legs growing up and didn't have to take Phys Ed at all in high school!
73) My high school principal (Sr. Anne) thought Madonna was a role model.  This was in Madonna's 'Like a Virgin' days.  It still makes me laugh!
74) I'm not a big drinker, but do enjoy a nice glass of wine every now and than.
75) If I didn't color my hair I would be completely gray...and it's been like that since I was about 24.
76) I think tattoos are cool, but would never get one.
77) Reality shows generally annoy me, but I do like Top Chef and Project Runway.
78) I took Polish folk-dancing from the age of 4 till I was about 13 and hated it!
79) As a kid, most of my summer vacations were on trips to historic sites (Valley Forge, Gettysburg, etc) and I hated it.  My dad was a history buff and now I regret not paying more attention.
80) My favorite TV show of all time has to be Sex and the City.
81) I love Italian and Mexican food.
82) I am generally lazy.
83) I love to take naps, but have terrible insomnia.
84) I love my crocs and wish I could wear them all the time!
85) I'm an early riser and always have been.
86) I usually go to bed early, 9:30pm, but rarely sleep thru the night (see #83).
87) I hate coffee, but I love the way it smells.
88) I love polar fleece.
89) I've never been camping, but would love to go one day.
90) I hate stupid people.
91) I hate people who are late.
92) I can be ready for work in under 30min.
93) I think I would like to teach one day.
94) I have food texture issues.
95) I have a potty mouth, but am working on it.
96) I once bit my sister (she has the teeth marks to prove it too)
97) I love the train.
98) I am a spas at reading maps.
99) I hate to unload the dishwasher.
100) I love how happy Ruby is to see me when I get home.  I just melt.

10 comments:

The Brat Pack said...

OK, #68 cracked me up!! I'm afraid to even ask why you were trying to fail. :)

I'm dying to make a trip to Disneyland...I was hoping this year but it's not looking good. I want to do the Walt tour and stuff too. I'll be nagging you for tips.

#100 is my favorite though...doesn't it just make everything else worth it!? :)

Peanut said...

I am finding it amazing how much we all seem to have in common.
A debutante huh? interesting. Congrats on the promotion but sorry your job doesn't excite you.

Jessica said...

I love these lists. We have learned so much about each other.

I thought I was the only freak that liked school supplies. I love it when school is about to start and the sale ads have all the school supplies advertised. I don't have much use for these things but if I see a really good sale (like 10 cent crayons) I will go buy a bunch and donate them to the school.

I love Kermit too.

Jessica

Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

oh yes, these lists are proving sooooooooo darn interesting!

I will come back soon and have another browse through as well!

I had not thought of stationery supplies on mine, but yes, I totally agree! I buy new notebooks all the time and love pens and pencils, and big fat diaries.

Very impressed on the Debutante Issue too. Ok, I am English, what is a "potty" mouth?????

So pleased you gave my adopted home a wonderful mention too.

Love and much light Michele, from Jeannie in Scotland ;0)
http://coolcanine.blogspot.com

roughseasinthemed said...

I must have read this when I was tired because I had forgotten you had done it, and I obviously didn't comment. I have finally got round to doing it too as I thought I was letting the side down.

What a fascinating mix you've written up. Like Jeannie, I'll come back again. Actually I'm looking at everyone's 100 again.

Just to make you feel great - I really really struggled with 40.

Katherine

The Brat Pack said...

BTW - when IS the big date for 4-0?
:)

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

I love #100 too. After having a cat first, the dogs really make me feel so much more appreciated. I love the show Sex in the City too. I wonder if the movie will be any good. Fleece is awesome.

Valerie

Ferndoggle said...

Jessica is a genius for starting this! I'm learning so much about you girls.

I was forced to take Jazz for 10 years & hated every second of it. And I'm exceptionally glad there is another person who likes to go to bed before 11!

Oh & my dogs make me feel like I'm the greatest person on earth. Even after a bad day, they can put me in a good mood the second I walk through the door.

Jen

Katherine and Pippa said...

Hi Michele
Told you I ws reading them all again. Actually I've come back because I realised I had got so fascinated reading down the list that I forgot to say well done on the promotion to director. Good one.

Kate

Jessica said...

As if you 100 list isn't enough.... I tagged you on my blog. Only if you feel like it. Don't feel obligated.

Jessica