Sunday, January 6, 2008

The Party's Over...

Well, maybe not the party, but the vacation is.  Two whole weeks...that's the longest vacation I've taken in a long time and boy did I need it!  Now it is back to work...I'm SO not looking forward to it either.

I start my week tomorrow with a 2 hour rush hour commute to the Bay Area for a meeting to discuss a reorganization my team is about to undergo.  I know, nice way to start the year AND great way to spend my first day back.  It's been in the planning stages since November, but now the 'fun' begins.  As hard as this will be, I'm hoping it will really help improve things at work...but we will see.

So...if you don't see me post for a couple of days, don't give up (at least not yet).  It will probably just me be trying to dig out from the madness!

7 comments:

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Good luck with the traffic. I have no patience for traffic, so I think if I had to commute with a lot of traffic, I'd have to take the bus or get a vanpool or something. However, if you just have to do it every once in a while, maybe it doesn't get to you.

That's great if your reorg improves things for you! I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Valerie

Katherine and Pippa said...

Rather you than me. I always found going back after the full Chrismas/New Year break was such a shock to the system. I usually found it easier to go in for one or two days between Xmas and New Year. It made you look so virtuous too ; ).

Seriously, hope it goes ok. I remember that horrid word reorganisation.

Kate

Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

Good luck Michele with the start back to work!

I will not give up on visiting - now you have started this blog - there is no going back!!

Hope the traffic is not too bad for you.

We are all back to normal here as well in Scotland.

love and much light, Jeannie xxxxx

Ferndoggle said...

Ugh! I detest traffic. I did an hour & 15 minutes commute (each way) for 3 years when first started my job. Fortunately I now like 5 minutes from my office to make up for it.

Don't worry...we'll be back to drag you out of the black hole!!

Jen

The Brat Pack said...

Eeek, I couldn't do it. I work about 10 minutes from home and that's through the airport so there's zippo traffic.

Sometimes I think it would be cool to move into a city somewhere but then know I'd snap and be in jail. ;)

I hope the week goes better than you think...we're not giving up on you!

Maryann

Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

Michele, thank you for your lovely comments on my Blog.

And there is always a Scottish Welcome for you here in Bonnie Dunblane!

We would love to meet up! Scotland is dire at the moment, we have had monster storms and very high winds, January is the pits here, roll on Spring!

Lots of damage, lots of trees down, roofs off etc, Yuk!

love and light - Jeannie xxxxx

Jessica said...

We have a week off in Feb and have rented a log cabin up north... I can hardly wait. It's all I've been thinking about lately.