Thursday, January 17, 2008

Time...

 There really is just no time to do anything..at least for right now.  Yesterday (oh and Monday and Tuesday too) I literally had to walk out of meetings/conference calls just to go to the restroom!  That is just crazy!!!

I used to be so much better at having a handle on my time...not necessarily scheduling specific time to go to the bathroom of course although I am thinking that might not be a bad idea right now. Rather not allowing my schedule at work to be so overrun that I don't have time to literally breath!!!  I sure hope this is a passing phase and NOT how it is going to be going forward.

It really is a vicious cycle...meetings all day that I can't get any other work done. Coming home and having to do the work at night - which I hate doing.  Even if I don't come home and do work, I get home and am exhausted.  I don't do anything at home (cleaning, cooking, blogging, crafts) because I'm exhausted.  Oh, did I say I was exhausted?  I begrudgingly deal with a very energetic dog when all I want to do is sleep.  That really is no way to live... I hate it...I hate that I am too tired/grouchy because of a crappy day at work to roll on the floor with the beasty girl (which always makes us both very happy) and rather resort to reading all the emails I didn't get to during the day on the sofa while robotically throwing a ball to get the pups just a little exercise!!!

 AAAARRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!

So that's it..I have no time right now.  Yes, this too shall pass...I know, I hope.  In the mean time thanks for letting me rant.

7 comments:

Katherine and Pippa said...

Work highs and lows come and go.

I used to go into work and think "I'll go to the toilet." By lunchtime I realised I'd never found the time to leave the office. Agh!

But one day, it gets much better. You are right, it will pass.

Hang on in for now and you will be fine. Good thoughts coming your way.

Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

Relax Michele!

This may seem easy words for me to write on your blog, but hey, listen to me!

I am older than you, I have been there and back with the stress scenario. I have tried to be all things and it never worked. It neveer does.

Just take a deep breath and think to yourself, I am dong my very best and I can do no more.

Enjoy your life at your own pace, look at the sunrise.....just take time. We are all here on this earth for such a short time, what we do when we are here makes such a tiny impression it is not worth getting stressed about.

Play with Ruby, relax in your PJs, hey, life won't end as we know it if you slack off a wee bit.

Life is for living. And enjoying. Smell the roses, the fresh coffee, the air.

I stress sometimes cos I cannot do all the blog replies, then I think, some of 'em have loads of replies, will they notice if I don't make a post.

Blogging should be fun, so come on Michele, lets make a pact.....

No more stressing....hey I want you fit and healthy for your visit to Me, the hubby and Marvin in Scotland!

shhhhh! we wont tell dear Ruby!

love and much light, and please, listen to me.

Life is too short for such stress.

Jeannie xxxxxx

Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

oooh and just had another thought......I have completed my essay in three parts, on my blog, but I think you may be disappointed in the ending.

I hated being so cruel in the post to my beloved Ma, but she hurt me so back then. Years ago, I hold no grudges now.

Take care Michele, do not stress!

love from Jeannie
http://coolcanine.blogspot.com

The Brat Pack said...

I wish I had some grand words of wisdom, but I'd be making them up. ;) I'm horrible at stress/anxiety management so I know where you're coming from. I think I'm on the opposite work spectrum from you though and don't feel challenged/busy enough which gives me too much time to ponder what's wrong with life.

Hang in there and know we'll always listen to your rants!

Maryann

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

I hope your hectic life gets better ASAP! That is definitely no fun!

Valerie

Mack said...

Sounds like there is only one solution:
Move to TEXAS and your Ruby would have ME to play with all day, and let you have a rest when you get home!!
Sugars,
Mack

Jessica said...

Hi Michele... I'm happy to discover your blog. Thanks for letting me know you have your own now.

I hear you on the exhausted thing. I constatly have to tell myself that my job is not the most important thing in my life. I love my job but if I get stressed from too much work I am no good to myself, my family or Seadra and Zoe. I totally hear what you are saying.