Sunday, January 13, 2008

In the midst of madness...

I actually managed to complete a knitting project!
As expected, this week was a mess.  I won't go into too much detail (I'm sick of it) but not only was it tough to get back after 2 weeks gone, but there were meetings, a pending re-organization and layoffs!  Yes.  Crazy way to start the new year.  I'll share more on this at another time.

But like I said, in the middle of all this, I managed to complete a knitting project.  As much as I adore knitting, I sometimes am WAY too ambitious and never seem to finish things.  I also seem to have a sweater phobia. Anyway, for those of you who are Wonder Ruby readers, you know I started this a while back and at one point, just had to give up due to time.  Well I finished it!!!!  And I have to say I'm really happy with it.

This cute little number is going to one of my very best friends (who also happens to be my boss) who is about to have his first baby.  On Friday, I managed to escape the madness of work for a few hours to attend a baby shower thrown by his Mom.  It was a very nice afternoon and had tons of fun and again a really nice break from the work craziness.

Here's another close up of the buttons.  They match the booties I gave at the first shower!
So although NOT a project for me, I feel really good about this one and it's one project closer to me getting to knit something for myself!  Oh, and soon as the little critter is born, I'll get a picture of her in it and post.

9 comments:

Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

well first of all congrats on finishing a baby knitting project. Last one I started.....way back in the mists of time, I did not finish! oh and I loved the colour very nice indeed. The buttons complement it totally.

My cousin....for it was he (as a baby! -I was knitting for.....recently, brought his wife and his family to our house)!!!

He is now nearly 40, his kids are starting primary school, and I, at one time in my life, had the knitting, the balls of lemon coloured wool, and the darn pattern, to knit my handsome, 6ft 1 ins cousin, a Matinee Jacket - for himself!!

This trauma in his early life, thanfully has not affected him.....

love and much light, Jeannie xxxx
http://coolcanine.blogspot.com

Peanut said...

that is lovely. congrats on finishing it

rachelle

Katherine and Pippa said...

It looks really good. I did one - and one baby item only - for a university friend. I have no idea if the son had grown out of it by the time I finished it.

I was always much better at knitting for me. Selfish or what!

Kate

The Brat Pack said...

I'm really impressed - that looks great! I have no crafty talent. The sweatshirt I had to make in Home-Ec looked like it was for the Hunchback.

Congrats :)
Maryann

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

That is super cute!

Valerie

leah said...

i wish i could knit... a few years ago my grandma taught me how to crochet and i made a ton of little hats, but i forgot how to do it. ah well -- maybe someday i'll learn...

and I LOVE NORMA SHEARER!!! tcm is having a "forbidden hollywood" night in march when they're showing a couple of shearer's pre-code films "the divorcee" (1930) and "a free soul" (1931).

i just ordered "the women" with some christmas money. have you heard that they remade it? (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0430770) i give a resounding boo and hiss!

Kat said...

WOW! That is incredible!!!! I only know how to knit a scarf and a wash cloth. I asked my grandmother to give me lessons as a way to spend time with her before she died - - but we unfortunately didn't get far.

Ferndoggle said...

OK...this is just amazing to me. You *made* that???? Michelle, you'd crack up if you saw my knitting attempts...and you'd realize why I never pursued it further.

That sweater is just too precious for words. And I love the buttons!

Jen

Jessica said...

Beautiful....I have ALWAYS wanted to learn how to knit. It's on my list.

Jessica