Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year...

OK, so I've toyed with the idea of a personal blog for a while but always changed my mind. Who would want to read about me? Well, maybe no one...but that's ok...I should just do this for me, right? Well, we'll see how it goes...

So new year, resolutions, right? Well, I've never been very good at resolutions...except that one year when I actually accomplished 2 things off a list of 20! I think I set the bar too high, what do you think? Well Ruby made some resolutions for herself on her blog, I might as well give it a shot..
  • Get Green: Ruby covered this one as well. First step, I actually bought 100% recyclable paper towel- Yay!!! I'll miss you Bounty Select-a-Size. Not sure I can do the same with TP?
  • Eat Local - Eat Healthy: Two not necessarily connected, but I'm thinking local farmer's market = fresh fruits & veggies = eating healthy.
  • Clean the Clutter: I'm a clutter bug. No matter what I try and do there is always a bunch of stuff EVERYWHERE! The only way I seem to get rid of things is when I move and no real plans for doing that right now so I need to de-clutter!
  • Get Moving (aka exercise): Doesn't need explanation just need to do it. Does the Wii count???
  • Knit more for Me: Now that the beasty-girl is older, she lets me knit. Now I just need to start knitting for me. A few scarves over the last few years doesn't count...I need to knit me a sweater...after Maddy's sweater, Andre's baby gift and Yvette's sweater and purse...maybe that will be a back-half of the year resolution!
So...there you have it. First post and resolutions all in one!!!

8 comments:

Luckie Girl said...

Hey Ruby's Mommy,
Good job with those resolutions..now all you need to do is stick to them. hehe..which is really hard. :)

Ozzie, Rocky and Lola said...

Good luck on the resolutions. They are always fun to make but I find them too easy to break!
Tammy
Mom to Two Wild 'n Crazy Guyz

Ferndoggle said...

Hi Michelle! Looks like we've started 2008 with the same idea! New blog...new life.

Hope you don't mind, I linked you up!

Jen

Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

Happy New Year to you Michele! And congrats on the New Blog!

It is looking good!

I will link up with yours on mine if that is ok!

This is great!

love and light from Jeannie in Scotland xxxxxx http://coolcanine.blogspot.com

ps thanks for your encouragement and kind comments on mine!

The Brat Pack said...

Hey girly!
I'm so happy you started this...it motivates me and I need all I can get. :)

I haven't tried the recycled paper towels - how are they?!?

Maryann

Peanut said...

The wii counts. I use it. Do boxing that is a workout.
One thing I don't have to do is de-clutter. Moving every couple of years makes you do that.

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Starting a blog must have been a common resolution because I started one too! Mine's at www.crazysibemom.com. I need to go green as well. I'm trying to do little things, but the more shows that I see about it, make me think that I need to do more than just little things!

Valerie

Katherine and Pippa said...

Hi Michele
Been a bit slow off with the links and the catchy up thing stuff but I'm right here waiting for all your posts now.

Kate