Wednesday, January 2, 2008

New Towels...

For as self-indulgent as I can be, towels are the one thing I never seem to get for myself. It's weird...I have so many sets of sheets I could go without washing linens for at least 6months (and that's changing sheets every week!!!), but towels... let's see, well I can't remember the last time I bought myself new towels!

So I had to go to Linens & Things for a gift card for a Christmas gift so I thought...well why not? So I got these really cushy cobalt blue towels and even got new bath rugs too - woo hoo! So I've had them for at least 3 weeks, but haven't used them! I know, I know, crazy...but I wanted to white tornado the bathroom first.

Don't get me wrong, the bathroom was relatively clean...but you know, new stuff, you just want to make it...well...perfect. So I spent the morning cleaning the bathroom, putting out the new towels and rugs...ahhh...it was great. What's even better is Kelly got me this great towel warmer for Christmas...how did she know I got new towels!!! Well, she didn't...she just bought something she knew I would never buy for myself...which is typically towels!

7 comments:

Mack said...

Hi Michele,
Amy here (Mack's Mom). Nice to meet you. Sounds like you are doing a lot better on your resolutions than me - I haven't even made any yet!
I(and my family) have really enjoyed reading Ruby's blog. She is so little, delicate and feminine, the exact opposite of Mack! Please
give her a big kiss for me (and Mack)!
BYE,
Amy

Ferndoggle said...

I rarely buy new towels for myself either, but there is nothing like a big fluffy soft towel to dry off with. If it's warm...even better! My bathroom isn't big enough for a towel warmer :o(. One day...

Jen

Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

oh my, I can hardly believe this post! I only went out today to the supermarket and they had this special offer on bales of towels, and they were like super, super reduced and wonderful quality.

So I bought them and washed them today and now I do not want to put them in my bathroom cos it needs painting and a new floor! I could not believe your post when I first read it, what a co-incidence!

I am hoarding the bargain beauties now until "he who is quite good looking but does not have Five Million Dollars" can be bothered to decorate and re-floor.

What a life of luxury I live eh?

this post really made me laugh and smile tonight!

Here is to a year of fun blogging while the Pups are asleep.

Love from Snowy Scotland xxxxx

Jeannie - aka http://coolcanine.blogspot.com

The Brat Pack said...

I know what you mean - I hardly buy towels either. I have a million here from somewhere and most have become the Brat's towels. It would be embarrassing if i had real company. Buying towels always seemed such an adult thing to do...maybe I'm in denial. :)

The towel warmer sounds great, I don't have room in my mini "master" bath.

Maryann

Dory the Lab said...

Michele -

I am with you - I have towels that my mother bought for me to take to college (okay, I actually admitted this outloud- YIKES.)

I am bookmarking and hardly wait to read more!

Liza

Peanut said...

People buy towels? Seriously I just wait until I absolutely need some and then buy whatever is cheapest. One day I will own good towels. Oh and a towel warmer. Lucky you we had one in Germany and I miss it.

Kat said...

Good towels are such a necessary luxury! I don't do the whole mani/pedi/massage thing - so big fluffy towels and nice linens is how I treat myself. (I am so domestic!) I have two sets - the white body towels are for me, and the cheap blue tiny towels are for Nathan who can not be trusted with anything white.

I've already picked out my colors when we move into the new house - and there will be 2 bathrooms to decorate. I can't wait!!!